Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." (NIV)

Friday, May 14, 2010

Thrifty Friday..



We were on Post (Military installation) doing some things and my husband offered to stop by the Thrift store. He knows it's my favorite place in an area he knows as "work." I was as happy as can be and entered expecting to find something and find I did.

I found two pieces of art, European-ish which I new would match the cream colored paint the previous owners had on the walls. I am not overly fond of such a neutral color and at the same time, my husband and I could not agree on a bedroom color, so it's been left for now. Having come from Europe (Germany more specifically) I was immediately drawn to the paintings. I picked them up and they were $20.50 for both of them. I was like hmm..seems good to me since any large art work I had seen, even at Walmart typically starts at $40. Then came the real shocker, I saw the price tag on the back, $42.50 and that was for one, so someone had paid $85 for them both. The the real kicker was the store the were purchased at was at Ross, a place I typically love. So, needless to say I felt much better about $20.50, my husband and I knew we could afford it, and so in the cart the went.

Then came the second set of goodies. We found two simple & small bedside table lamps, matching, for $8.50. The thing about it is was, my husband and I had been talking about lamps, but hadn't seen any we thought were worth the money. However; these were small, would take up less room, and matched our wall color. I supposed aloud that they were supposed to be mine and into the cart they went. My husband is good like that when we find a deal & have the funds.

Then two more frivolous items, an ABC puzzle for my son. He has no puzzles whatsoever and I decided that it would be for "school" time only, no something he casually gets to play with and then a Football pillow Daddy just had to get for Levi's nursery room for $1.75. How do you deny a father who is happily painting and hanging in that same nursery, well I didn't today.

So, Decor for home: $33.75
Lived in home: PRICELESS!!


And that is the tale of my thrifty Friday..
Home decorating doesn't have to be expensive..
One man or woman's too much, is perfect in your home.
Blessings,
Ashley

(Photo credit to: http://customersrock.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/shopping-cart.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment