Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." (NIV)

Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday: Recovery Day..

This weekend, wow, did God teach me a lot this past weekend. He even used the sermon in church yesterday to covict me of things. But as much as I was convicted, I was also deeply encouraged, and I was able to see God's love and grace as well. Part of the sermon was on, paraphrasing here, "Whatever you do, whoever you are, you need to do and be that for Christ." Sometimes we think we have to go into a mold or if I am not like so and so or doing this or that, that we're not up to par as Christians. Meanwhile, God, doesn't see things that way. God looks at matters of the heart, the attitude, the why of what you do what you do. So, I firmily believe that if you are in God's will then you will have peace, even as you are being taught (convicted.) Anyhow, this was what I got from my weekend, especially. As I sat in church I was deeply convicted and starting to go through my life and the start of oh my goodness, I am nowhere where I need to be. But God does not beat us down and when I returned home, I got the shock of my afternoon. Indeed, my blessing was I recieved two emails - one from a woman I know casually through a Mom's group. She asked about the church we attend, mentioned she would like to get back into church, and that she noticed I always posted about church things..("WOW, REALLY?, I didn't think anyone read my facebook messages, not really," I thought to myself.) Then I recieved another message from a woman I have known since I was 14, she was 16. She was asking about reading the bible and what not, said she knew I was a bible screamer (as she put it) and bam, (again I was like "wow, thank you GOD for showing me that I am making a difference.") God honored my worried thoughts by giving me a blessing, how can you not see love in that?? Well on this day I did, at least. So, I encourage you not to wallow in conviction if and when you are convicted by the Holy Spirit. Continue to learn, obey, and do as you are called to do.

As for today, I started calling Monday, Recovery Day. No, no one is hurt, but we just keep things really low key. It is something relatively new I have done, with actual intention. I do not plan outtings on this day. I make no real plans inside. We do what we do. Well as I woke up this morning I did my devotion. It was 0230, no less. My body at these last days of pregnancy only seems to give me 4 hrs. as I am in pain if I lay longer than that. Here are some insights I got from my reading various things this morning including the word.

"Christian, remember the goodness of God in the frost of adversity." C.H. Spurgeon.
"Difficulties are meant to rouse, not to discourage." William Ellery Charming.
(My thoughts: Wow God, can you say, DUH. I needed these today!)

*The moment I feel offended, I can choose to forgive.
*Choosing to forgive is an act of obidence to God's commands.
(My thoughts: Gee Lord, I needed to read this.)

"If anyone returns evil for good, evil will not depart from his house. - Proverbs 17:13
(My thoughts: Wow, God, have I been evil lately?)


So, as you can see the Lord is speaking greatly to me. The past week I had kind of been quietly moaning about my tired, aching body or the A/C breaking, or a number of things, then Sunday came the sermon I needed and although I was tired when I awoke at 0220, I actually felt refreshed after my devotional time. What an amazing blessing to my mind and body. I was also able to spend a little time with my DS, he woke up needing me, (he quickly went back to bed) as well as I was able to make my husband's lunch (I had forgot to last night,) and see him off to work. And then in his ever giving fashion, God, allowed me to find another couple of hours rest. (As my son slept in.) So, I am greatful for the Lord's love and mercy and I just want to encourage you, if you are discouraged at all in your walk, tell him, cling to him, and he will guide your ways.

Blessings,
Ashey

No comments:

Post a Comment