Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." (NIV)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday: It is almost here...



Our vacation that is. We leave tomorrow to see my family in Colorado. My Parents and sister are excited to see the boys - I wish it was me, but let's face it, we all know after you have children it is not about you any more and this is no exception. It is okay, in a way, I love showing my children off if you will. They are pretty good children and make me proud. Only my Mom has met my youngest, Levi, so it'll be interesting to see what Levi thinks of my Dad, Sister, and the rest of my Mom's side of the family that lives there. I am ready for new scenery and some time to myself at various points through this vacation. Today is pack and clean day. True to my nature I have my lists going. I have one with everything I need to pack and will start one of what I need to clean and stuff. I have a friend from Church coming to watch my house and the dogs, it helps her and myself out, so it's a win-win situation. I feel that motherly sadness about leaving the dogs for a whole month. They after all are my babies and my oldest dog, Kahlua, was around before we had children..so you know. Well, I guess I'd better get to it then. Our flight leaves Fayetteville around 0700 and with the time difference it will be 1100 when we get in. To save money we're flying into Denver - so after that it'll be an hour home, luckily the kids do well in the car...so here's to pending v-day! I am so READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment